Sunday, June 17, 2012

The shot heard round the world

"The shot heard round the world". This phrase is in reference to the beginning of the Revolutionary War....More specifically the first shots fired in Lexington. After reading about this event in both texts, I am much more knowledgeable then I was prior to this assignment. That being said, the Wood book was such a bore to read in comparison to Hakim. Hakim had maps of Paul Revere's trails and paintings of the event. Wood's book just had words, and LOTS of them. Wood definitely provided me with more information, but I would read Hakim's book over his any day of the week!

1 comment:

  1. I would hope that you read Hakim to be intrigued but then find other sources to give you more information. I wouldn't rely on Hakim as a sole source, any more than I'd rely on any one other author.

    Part of the assignment was to recognize the different purposes of the two books and therefore how they discussed the same events. I'm glad you recognized that Wood provided more information, even though Hakim is a much more fun read!

    ReplyDelete